Friday, November 20, 2009

Chapter 4: Back to Dhaka

"Following our stay in Bangladesh, we planned to go to Thailand. We would travel by a combination of rickshaw, bus and ferry to Calcutta, India, then take a flight from there to Bangkok, Thailand."

13 comments:

  1. Back to Dhaka was an interesting chapter because Alam and Craig had to get their change of root pass. It was only in Dhaka so they could not cross the border. So they had to go ALL the way back. In turn they were 3 days late.
    Leo N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have screamed if I had to walk endless hours to find out that I would have to go back. I think I would have gone back to help the kids too.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if I had walk sooooo long and then go back, my feet would feel off! They went back anyway! It was interesing because I never thought they would have to go back after their long trip. I also never thought you could be denied to leave without a little thing!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant belive that they walked so far in the dark, NO FOOD, NO WATER, NO REST! LIKE NO ONE COULD SO NOT DO THAT, so that show how determened Greg is to acompish his misson.
    Izy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found it strange that they had to go back to dhaka and then go to bangkok. LEO

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have been so hard if I had to walk for a ton of hours and be a day late then find out I had to go back to were I had come. I am very thankful that there are no change of root passes in Canada. It shows you that some countries have to be very carful with some things. It also shows that some countries only have enough money for speacial thiings to be in one or two places.
    Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Craig is a very good leader showing us that giving just a bit of food such as a mango to a person can change their lives, and how Craig trusted 2 people to carry their luggage and the two people actually brought it back. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be very tough walking all that way and then having to go back. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Craig and his friend were EXAUSTED! they hd to walk all the way there and then found out they had to wak all the way back! I think they learned a valubale lesson, to trust people more often, those two people were very kind of taking their luggage. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that Izy is right because to have so much determination it reall takes commitment.Great job Izy!
    Robi-Ann;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Jenny , they must of bean so TIRED! but the fact that they kept on going and they were dedicated and commited to there cause means alot.
    Gioriga : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Craig and Alam must have EXTREMELY TIRED after walking all those extra hours. It just shows that Craig is so dedicated to what he wants to achieve.
    Kyra:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Izy how in this chapter it shows how determined Craig is. Craig and Alam had to walk so far too. Plus at the airport when the two officials told them they could not go because they had no boarding pass they tried again at another line. Although they did not get far they got a flight. Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete